Job Purpose: Undertake the strategic planning, content management and editing of ADB’s public website, ADB.org. Develop related campaigns for target audiences. Identify opportunities to utilize existing and emerging online tools. Work with broad policies and objectives, working directly with clients, with supervision for critical tasks.
- Oversee the production of the homepage in coordination with departments, offices and resident missions.
- Prepare and maintain a web editorial calendar.
- Oversee the activities of the staff and contractors of web writers, editors and producers.
- Write content or commission specific content to be written by online writers or staff.
- Oversee and provide direction to writer(s), online producer(s), and others engaged in web publishing in the region.
- Review and edit content prior to web publication.
- Review and monitor sites for quality and timeliness.
- Establish and manage key performance indicators and review web metrics reports; share results.
- Oversee user research and determine audience needs; act on audience feedback.
- Develop online campaigns (content, marketing) to target key audiences, and
- Identify opportunities to use existing and emerging online tools; provide support and training to communications staff and consultants.b. Staff Supervision
- Provide leadership and support to reporting staff.
- Supervise the performance of reporting staff, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
- Ensure the on-going learning and development of reporting staff.
- Master’s degree, or equivalent, in communications, journalism, or related fields. University degree in communications, journalism, or related fields combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
Relevant Experience And Other Requirements:
- At least 8 years relevant experience, with proven experience in managing web sites, including writing and/or editing for the web.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, direct, and lively style
- Ability to initiate and manage a continuing editorial process and to conceptualize and execute the online packaging of content.
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal, and teamwork skills; demonstrated client orientation; sensitized in working in a diverse and multicultural environment.
- International experience working in several countries
- Regularly shares knowledge on new international best practice trends in comparator situations
- Proactively applies relevant international best practices to own work
- Convinces others to adopt international best practice by explaining the situational relevance and benefits
- Helps colleagues work effectively with clients in different contexts and from diverse backgrounds and country situations
- Adapts own approach and style when interacting with clients, as opposed to requiring them to adapt
- Draws upon international best practice in exploring solutions with clients
- Confirms the clients’ understanding and agreement before progressing
Achieving Results and Problem Solving
- Draws on own and others’ multi-country experience to identify viable courses of action when conducting analyses
- Helps internal and external clients achieve quality results beyond presenting problems and precedent
- Highlights possible solutions for project issues based on relevant multi-country and/or multi-client experience
- Regularly contributes insights and experiences to colleagues in the Division to help them achieve quality results
- Overcomes unexpected difficulties and challenges to produce desired outcomes
- Maintains collaborative relationships within the Department
- Works effectively with diverse colleagues in own and other Divisions and Departments
- Flexibly alters positions and adjusts previously stated points of view to support the group consensus
- Follows through on team priorities in the absence of a team leader
Communication and Knowledge Sharing
- Checks the audience’s level of understanding and awareness of required follow up actions
- Consistently seeks and addresses feedback on own performance
- Creates knowledge products endorsed for wider distribution based on lessons and multi-country experience
- Independently amends and clarifies messages and documents
Innovation and Change
- Actively supports work improvement and/or organizational change by work and deed
- Develops and adopts change plans to support Division initiatives on which one works
- Considers current and future client needs in proposing ideas
- Vocalizes early support for change
- Recommends inputs to new policies, systems and processes in immediate work area
Immediate Reporting Relationships / Other Information:
- Supervisor: Director
- The following staff positions may be supervised by the incumbent:
- Administrative Staff
- National Staff
Women are encouraged to apply. Click here to apply for this job.