The Structured and Corporate Finance Department (SCF) of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) leads the financing of large private sector investments for the IDB. SCF provides loans and guarantees, as well as capacity building technical advice throughout Latin America and the Caribbean and manages a robust and diversified portfolio.
- Assist in the plan, design and execution of communication strategies and activities supporting the department’s work;
- Participate in the design and implementation of integrated communication plans to support investment objectives.
- Carry out a Communication-Based Assessment aimed at identifying communication issues of interest to the overall work of the department;
- Contribute to information and communication activities that are best suited to addressing the department’s strategic priorities;
- Assist with the department’s communication strategy scope and approach, develop messages and identify suitable channels;
- Develop platforms for the department to share its knowledge, experiences, and operational achievements with the rest of the Bank;
- Coordinate, along with Senior Communications Officer, with IDB’s External Affairs staff to ensure SCF is consistent with the communication objectives of the institution;
- Aid in strengthening communication about the department’s operational activities and demonstrate how SCF activities augment IDB’s delivery of its development objectives;
- Contribute to preparation of SCF Management on media-related issues, including but not limited to preparing talking points and media engagement opportunities
Education: A Masters (or equivalent degree) in Communication, Journalism, Public/Social Policy or related field.
Experience: A minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience. Demonstrated track record of developing and executing successful communication strategies and programs, preferably within a development/multilateral organization context. A broad understanding of operations with private sector clients and experience with communication strategies at the project level across sectors, particularly infrastructure and financial markets. Demonstrated strong leadership qualities.
Languages: Excellent command of both, English and Spanish. Knowledge in one of the other two official languages (Portuguese and French) would be an asset.
1. Client Focus & Management
Focuses efforts on achieving business results through understanding and meeting internal and external client and stakeholder needs. Values the importance of providing high-quality customer service, produce quality products; responds promptly to client needs; takes initiative with a clear business purpose in mind.
2. Innovation & Creativity
Generates innovative and creative solutions to problems that contribute to organizational effectiveness. Tries different and novel ways of approaching work to create added value in the services/products provided. Adapts to changing work environments and is flexible in the approach to resolving challenges.
3. Knowledge Sharing
Actively develops and shares knowledge within and outside own business area. Receives and shares information that is critical to the business. Understands and applies Bank guidelines and policies related to information disclosure and uses the utmost discretion and confidentiality when handling sensitive matters and information.
4. Collaboration & Influence
Cooperates with others and encourages teamwork to achieve mutually beneficial results. Gains the support of others for own ideas and initiatives, regardless of formal authority and organizational boundaries. Conveys oral and written information in a clear and persuasive manner.
5. Critical Thinking & Judgment
Uses data, experience, and good judgment to make sound decisions and devise effective solutions to problems, based on systematic analysis and solid reasoning. Assesses and manages risk in own work, considering implications and consequences. Anticipates obstacles and thinks ahead about possible next steps.
Closing date: October 12th, 2011.
Click here to apply.