Last Date: October 20, 2011
ADAPT (formerly the Spastics Society of India), a non-profit organisation in Mumbai, working in the disability sector for over 39 years, is looking to fill a vacancy for the post of Research Associate specifically for a project (two years), and generally on other research activities of the organisation. The Research Associate will be working under the Founder Chairperson. The position is based in Colaba, Mumbai and requires travel to rural site near Mumbai.
Specific to the project:
• To identify key techniques and strategies that will be used for evaluation and assessment of the project.
• To conduct independent research, both qualitative and quantitative, as required for the project.
• To conduct field visits related to the project.
• To submit formal reports at various stages of the project.
• To assist the Chairperson in all aspects of the research on the project.
• To conduct pre-intervention and post-intervention research on the project.
• To evaluate the impact of the research on the project and submit the results.
• To conduct web-based research as required by the project.
• To make presentations on the project at key workshops/events/conferences.
Other projects in the organisation:
• To assist the Chairperson and other senior staff in all aspects of research undertaken by the organisation.
• To guide and supervise research projects undertaken by other members of the organisation.
• To identify key techniques and strategies that will be used for evaluation and assessment of various research activities undertaken by the organisation.
• To evaluate the impact of research undertaken by the organisation.
• To conduct web-based research as required by the organisation.
• To make presentations at key workshops/events/conferences.
PhD in Education/Psychology/Child Development or other related fields.
Rs 25,000 (based on skills and experience)
Please email your CV and contact details of two references to
Ms Shahana Chatterjee: firstname.lastname@example.org